Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is the font on my TOU not big enough?

I've come across some folks who, despite my terms of use, decided to use my meshes and package them in their own zips. I'm a little annoyed. It's not that I don't want other people to use my meshes (I do!), but I put my terms on my site for a reason. If people can just download my mesh with your recolours, what incentive is there for downloaders outside of MTS2 to visit my site? Also, I have said no to people who asked very nicely to package my meshes with their recolours; so, to find my meshes packaged elsewhere (without so much as a message to me), makes me look like a hypocritical liar.

Perhaps my terms aren't clear enough... I'll have to think about this. I don't want to seem like a mesh hog but, on the other hand, I don't want people thinking I'm a fickle liar, either.

No comments: